Comms, Creative, Digital, Strategy
Making the EU Referendum taste better.
Little Valley Brewery
Yorkshire-based Little Valley Brewery has been making exceptional beer since 2005, and was looking for a campaign to increase brand awareness and drive sales over the spring.
As an Anglo-Dutch brewery, the EU referendum hit close to home. To commemorate it – and ensure Little Valley was a part of the conversation – a series of limited edition beers were brewed and designed. The beers, ‘IN’, ‘OUT’ and ‘IDK (I Don’t Know)’, encouraged consumers to engage with the topic with their tastebuds as well as their ballot cards.
Over the course of a year, we grew engagement on social media significantly above KPIs, and achieved regular coverage for the brand in trade, consumer, and blogger outlets. The mix of key messages, brand launch content, competitions, and positive PR led to enthusiastic engagement with the brand, and a healthy online presence across two optimised websites.
- 15.72% engagement at the highest point, up from 0.98%
- 7% monthly average engagement on Facebook
- 30% Instagram engagement rate during final month, exceeding KPI of 3% by 10x
- 741,938 reach across the period
- Over 150 pieces of coverage secured, including national (The Express)