Making the EU referendum taste better.
Yorkshire-based Little Valley Brewery has been making exceptional beer since 2005, and was looking for a campaign to increase brand awareness and drive sales over the spring.
As an Anglo-Dutch brewery, the EU referendum hit close to home. To commemorate it – and ensure Little Valley was a part of the conversation – a series of limited edition beers were brewed and designed. The beers, ‘IN’, ‘OUT’ and ‘IDK (I Don’t Know)’, encouraged consumers to engage with the topic with their tastebuds as well as their ballot cards.
In addition to product branding, we developed a robust PR and social media strategy, securing over 100 pieces of press coverage – including commentary from industry influencers and a visit from the Deputy Leader of the Labour Party, Tom Watson – increasing Twitter visibility by 164%.
The campaign exceeded KPIs and bottles sold out within three weeks of the launch.
In just six weeks we achieved:
- 106 pieces of coverage (15 in tier 1 titles)
- Twitter impressions increasing from 1,176,200 to 2,884,407
- 1291 web visits (KPI was 150)
- Requests from the Stronger In and Labour In for Britain campaigns for MP visits
- More than ten new business leads
- 5 million people reached through press coverage