We’re looking for a full time Senior Developer to work from our head office at Leeds Dock.
Founded in 1999, we’re an award winning communications agency with offices in Leeds, Manchester and London.
We pride ourselves on offering our clients an integrated creative response, thinking not along departmental lines, but using all the skills and talent we have in-house to come up with the most creative and effective ways to answer briefs and build brands.
When it comes to our client and project portfolio, we’ve always specialised in not specialising. Our philosophy is that the wider the scope of the sectors we work on and in, the more we build our creative insight, knowledge, influence and understanding. Which is the major reason why the work we produce remains fresh, challenging and engaged, regardless of project, sector or client.
Our current roster spans everything from beer, supermarket retail and boutique fitness, to engineering software, ethical investment and major animation studios. It’s an eclectic list.
What we’re looking for
This is an exciting role for someone keen to use the latest web technologies and browser functionality to create websites that wow clients.
We’re offering the right candidate a competitive salary based on experience along with some great perks:
- Personal trainer
- Inspiration days
- Duvet days
- Flexible hours
- ilkStock summer festival
- 5-a-side football team
- Regular nights out
- Develop and deliver unique creative projects
- Write clean, lean, well-documented code
- Maintain existing client and internal websites
- Work with our account managers to develop a delivery schedule for projects
- Day to day contact with account managers, our design team and clients
- Liaise with clients to understand their goals and translate them into technical requirements
- Mentoring and training junior team members
Required 3+ years experience in:
- Custom theme development
- Custom plugin and functionality development
- Hooks, actions, filters and utilising theme functions
- WooCommerce & child theme development
- Custom post types & taxonomies
- Multi site
- Very strong HTML5 and CSS3
- Strong knowledge of PHP & MySQL
- Basic Shopify theme development understanding
- Experience with Sass or SCSS
- Strong skills with responsive & mobile techniques
- Ability to debug front-end site issues using inspector tools
- Server management such as domain management, database creation, phpMyAdmin, cPanel
- Experience working with APIs and integrations
- SEO & Accessibility Standards
- Any other design software experience is a bonus
- HTML Email development
- Google G Suite Admin
Experience in the following would be an advantage:
- Reach/Gatsby.JS and any other Modern JS tools/technologies
- Experience with Roots Sage
- Experience with PHP MVC Frameworks
- Campaign Monitor
To apply email your CV and if possible a link to your portfolio website to email@example.com