We’re looking for a full time Junior Developer to work from our head office at Leeds Dock.
Founded in 1999, we’re an award winning communications agency with offices in Leeds, Manchester and London.
We pride ourselves on offering our clients an integrated creative response, thinking not along departmental lines, but using all the skills and talent we have in-house to come up with the most creative and effective ways to answer briefs and build brands.
When it comes to our client and project portfolio, we’ve always specialised in not specialising. Our philosophy is that the wider the scope of the sectors we work on and in, the more we build our creative insight, knowledge, influence and understanding. Which is the major reason why the work we produce remains fresh, challenging and engaged, regardless of project, sector or client.
Our current roster spans everything from beer, supermarket retail and boutique fitness, to engineering software, ethical investment and major animation studios. It’s an eclectic list.
What we’re looking for
This is an exciting role for someone keen to use the latest web technologies and browser functionality to create websites that wow clients.
We’re offering the right candidate a competitive salary based on experience along with some great perks:
- Personal trainer
- Incentive scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Birthday off
- ilkStock summer festival
- Regular nights out
- Work with Senior Developer to develop and deliver unique creative projects
- Write clean, lean, well-documented code
- Help to maintain existing client and internal websites
- Day to day contact with account managers and our design team
Required 1+ years experience in:
- Custom theme development
- Custom plugin and functionality development
- Hooks, actions, filters and utilising theme functions
- Custom post types & taxonomies
- Good knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Knowledge of PHP
- Experience with Sass or SCSS
- Skills with responsive & mobile techniques
- Ability to debug front-end site issues using inspector tools
- Experience working with APIs and integrations
- Awareness of SEO & Accessibility Standards
- Previous experience in working with ACF blocks in Gutenberg
To apply email your CV and if possible a link to your portfolio website to email@example.com
Please note you will be required to work from the Leeds office at least three days a week.